With the release of IDPH / ISBE Guidance last Friday, Marshall Schools is able to move forward in planning for the 21-22 School Year. All is not back to normal yet, but we are able to take steps in that direction. Below is the base plan outline for reopening as it stands in mid-July. As has been the case throughout the pandemic, things can always change.
The IDPH and ISBE adopted the CDC guidelines for school reopening. This allows local control to make data-based decisions within those CDC guidelines with regards to CoVid mitigations for the upcoming year. As things stand today, the base reopening plan is as follows....
1. Face Coverings / Masks Recommended, but not required with the exception of Busses where they are still required for all students and staff
2. Daily In-Person School for all
3. Remote Learning only if Quarantined (Contact Tracing and Quarantine according to Health Department)
4. Classrooms will maintain a 3 foot minimum distance between students, and will attempt to achieve 6 feet whenever possible
6. Meals at Elementary Schools will continue to be served in classrooms to maintain 3 to 6 ft distancing
7. All PE and outside activities will revert to pre-COVID 19 protocols
8. All sports and extracurricular activities will have no restrictions for students and spectators
9. Cleaning in all buildings will continue to be emphasized with above normal sanitation efforts
10. There will be no self -certification required before school
11. Optional CoVid Testing will still be available for those with symptoms
12. Plans continue to be subject to change based on current information and Health Department input, CoVid prevention steps can decrease or increase as deemed necessary
Any Updates made to this plan as we get closer to the beginning of school will be shared as soon as possible.
Online Registration Information is coming soon. In-Person Registration is scheduled for Wednesday, August 4. School Offices open on August 2.