Dear South School Families,
In order to streamline the process of picking up supplies and personal belongings from school we have created a plan to make it as easy and as safe as possible for all.
Families will be able to pick up and/or return student school supplies and personal belongings during the following days and times:
Tuesday, May 26: KINDERGARTEN & PreK Office Circle Drive
9:00-Noon/Bishop, Davidson, Delp Noon-3:00/Reynolds, Sanders
Wednesday, May 27: FIRST GRADE Office Circle Drive
9:00-Noon/Crumrin, Hutson, Strohm Noon-3:00/Thompson, Wolfe
Thursday, May 28: SECOND GRADE Office Circle Drive
9:00-Noon/Benefiel, Boyll, Scott Noon-3:00/Smitley, Wood
· Days and times are designated for certain grade levels and teachers. Please try to adhere to the dates and times listed. If these times absolutely do not work for you, please contact the office to make arrangements for an alternate time.
· Items will be picked up at the designated area. Pull into the labeled spots, 1, 2 or 3. Please wait to pull forward until a spot is available.
· Please stay in your vehicle at all times while waiting in line and at the Pick-up/Drop-Off area.
· Due to confidentiality concerns, you may only pick up for your child. If you have more than one child attending South, we will deliver all materials for all children at once.
· We will have belongings to deliver to your vehicle. Staff members will be present to get the names of your son/daughter and retrieve your items from inside the building and deliver it to the sidewalk next to your car.
· Spring Pictures and Yearbooks will not be handed out due to the closure of the printing facility. We will contact you when they arrive.
· If you turned in money for field trips, it will be returned at this time.
· If you have library, IPADS, or classroom books to return, please have those items ready to give to the staff member. Please label them with the student’s name and classroom teacher’s name.
Thank you in advance for your patience with this process. Our goal is to ensure a safe way for families to pick up student belongings. If you have any questions, please contact the school office at (217) 826-5411. We appreciate your support during this difficult time.
South School Principal